This Red Kale Chicken Salad with Spicy Peanut Lime Dressing makes me excited for lunch time!
Not only does it taste great, but it also provides:
- Protein Power! This meal is packed with 50 grams of muscle-building protein(research suggests 30 grams at each meal is an ideal amount for most of us to build/maintain muscle mass. Active/larger people will need more than this.)
- Almost 2x the vitamin A most people need in a day. Vitamin A is an antioxidant that is needed for a healthy immune system, cancer-fighting potential and to prevent macular degeneration (worsening eyesight due to aging)
- More than 3x the vitamin C most of us need each day! Vitamin C is another antioxidant that helps protect against illness and infection and is needed for bone strength and collagen formation, which helps with beautiful skin and wound healing.
- 2x the niacin most of us need per day. Niacin is a B vitamin that is needed to turn food into energy and it also helps improve circulation and lower cholesterol levels.
- 1/2 the iron men need each day (the recipe provides 4.2 mg of iron. Men 19 and older need 8 mg of iron daily. Women ages 19-50 need 18 mg of iron each day).