Your dessert prayers have been answered. These Low Carb Brownies are incredibly delicious and made with almond flour so you’re getting filling protein and fiber. They’re also vegan, keto, paleo and gluten-free (is there anything they can’t do?). Get ready for chocolate cake fudge brownie goodness now!
You can make these brownies with eggs or for them to be vegan, use my technique for chia eggs. It’s super easy: to replace 1 egg, use 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and mix with 3 tablespoons of water. Let this mixture sit for at least 5 minutes and voila – the chia seeds form a gel that helps your baking bind together, just like an egg would! If you use chia eggs you can also eat the batter. Bonus!
If you’re a visual person like I am, check out my video on how to make chia eggs.
The other twist you can make with these Low Carb Brownies is to turn them into 2-bite brownies (or 1 bite brownies if you really believe in yourself). All you need is a mini muffin tin! Just make sure you grease it with some coconut oil before you fill with brownie batter. You’ll get about 24 two bite brownies or 15 bigger brownies out of this recipe.
Other than the almond flour, you’ll also be using a zero calorie/low carb sweetener to keep these keto and low carb. You can use a stevia or monk fruit blend or erythritol, whichever you prefer. You can read more about the health benefits of stevia and find out whether monk fruit is healthy and how they impact blood sugar levels if you’re interested.
I love adding some extra crunch to my brownies so I like to sprinkle some sliced almonds on top. If you prefer, you can also mix them into your brownie batter. Totally your call!
Low Carb Brownies with Almond Flour – Vegan, Keto, Paleo and Gluten-Free
Hope you enjoy my low carb brownies. Take that, cravings!
This recipe has been added to your Meal Plan
|15 brownies||6 minutes|
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup stevia or erythritol
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs , large (or 2 chia eggs: 2 tbsp chia seeds + 6 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil , melted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8" pan with parchment paper. If you're making brownie bites, grease a mini muffin pan with some coconut oil.
- If you're using chia seeds instead of eggs, make the chia eggs. In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp of chia seeds with 6 tbsp water. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes before adding to the other wet ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a larger bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Let your brownies cool before cutting them. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply