Oh, the wonderfully smooth and creamy Chocolate Martini. Sure, it’s delicious… but did you know it’s one of the most high calorie cocktails you can order?!
(Photo credit: Lon Martin via Flickr).
How is that possible? I’m glad you asked. Most standard servings of alcohol have about 100 calories. It’s the mixers such as pop along with syrups that can easily double or triple the calories and amount of sugar in each drink.
Original Chocolate Martini: One chocolate martini has about 450 calories. It’s made with cream and chocolate syrup, making it more of a dessert than a drink!
Our skinny version/Lighter Chocolate Martini: By using unsweetened chocolate almond milk and sweetening our drink with stevia (or monk fruit sweetener) we save 300 calories! That means you can enjoy this cocktail in moderation and still split dessert. It also happens to be vegan and dairy-free (be sure to choose dairy-free/vegan chocolate chips for garnish if desired).
(Photo credit: Michelle Chlebek via Flickr).
- 2 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate almond milk (or plain almond milk + 1 tsp cocoa powder)
- 1 sachet stevia or monk fruit sweetener (1 g/sachet)
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional, choose vegan chocolate chips if desired)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in an ice-filled shaker.
- Shake and strain into a large martini glass.
- Add chocolate chips (if using). Enjoy!
Leave a Reply