Looking for a super easy and delicious Instant Pot recipe? Look no further than my Instant Pot Picadillo (a.k.a. Cuban Spiced Beef) with Salsa Verde. It’s gluten free, high in protein and delicious served over brown rice or for a low carb or keto meal, serve it over cauliflower rice or on its own. This recipe freezes well so it’s fantastic for meal prep. I love the combo of the umami/savory and acidity – my husband loved this so much he wants a double batch next week!
Pin this recipe to save it and share it!
Have you ever made brown rice in the Instant Pot? I like to make a big batch on Sunday or Monday and then portion it out into freezer bags for a few meals so I don’t have to cook it for each meal. It makes getting dinner ready so much quicker!
We also bought a smaller second Instant Pot to make brown rice alongside the main dish on those nights that we aren’t so prepared. In the Instant Pot, brown rice only takes 15 minutes compared to the 45 minutes on the stovetop. Plus, my stovetop brown rice always boils over and makes a big mess. Not fun! Anything I can do to save on clean up and time is worth it, so loving our baby Instant Pot. Here are the ones I have and love:
The Best Instant Pots to Order
Instant Pot Ultra 6 Quart 10-in-1 (for main meals)
Instant Pot Duo Mini – 3 Quart (for rice another side dishes)
Instant Pot Picadillo (Cuban Spiced Beef) with Salsa Verde – Gluten Free
Let me know if you tried this recipe – I’d love to see how it turned out and what you thought! Tag me on social media @80twentyrule and #80twentyrule and I’ll be sure to see it.
More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes
Healthy Jambalaya with Shredded Chicken Breasts and Brown Rice
Vegan Brown Rice Pudding – Gluten Free and No Refined Sugar
What type of Instant Pot recipes do you want to see? I’d love to create something new for you!
This recipe has been added to your Meal Plan
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 8 oz diced tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3 tbsp capers
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped (optional)
- Turn on the Saute function on your Instant Pot. Add the avocado oil and then the ground beef. Cook the beef until browned.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onion is translucent. Add the red bell pepper, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce and cumin and stir to combine.
- Close the Instant Pot and put on Manual - High Pressure. Cook for 10 minutes and quick release the steam. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and top each portion with 2 heaping tablespoons of salsa verde. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply