Using positive affirmations to improve your body image is powerful because affirmations harness the Law of Attraction. The result? You feel better about your body and make better decisions for your health. You and your body are a team!
A Positive Body Image Helps You Get What You Want
Why is having a healthy body image so important? If you dislike your body, the choices you make with food, exercise and even relationships and your career are going to be designed to punish your body rather than love it. Do you really need to bully yourself into being healthier? Trust me, that doesn’t work!
Using positive affirmations to improve your body image leads to a complete shift in how you feel about yourself. Once you decide to love your body and make loving decisions for your health, you’ll be amazed how your eating habits improve. You’ll exercise to feel good and celebrate what your body can do.
You’ll be delighted to see the impact on your personal life as well. You’ll find you can be more loving towards other people when you love yourself. Not to mention the boost in confidence that can help you take your relationships and your career to the next level!
Hating Your Body Won’t Make You Healthier
I work with many clients who are excited to meet with me and get a personalized meal plan to help them achieve their nutrition and health goals. But something seems to be standing in their way. For many people, food is used to suppress emotions rather than deal with them. It can be used as punishment and reward in ways that go beyond nourishment.
I encourage my clients to not only think about the “what” and “when” when it comes to their eating habits, but also the “why” and “how” to help untangle some of the barriers to following their healthy eating plan. Often times some of their self-sabotage and resistance is coming from a place of beating up on their body rather than working with it and respecting it.
When you have negative thoughts about your body all day long, is it any wonder you don’t see it evolving in a positive way?
The Law of Attraction is all about focusing your mind on what you want rather than what you don’t want. If you are trying to lose weight, gain weight, lose fat, gain muscle… whatever the case may be, dwelling on what you don’t like about yourself only solidifies these elements in your mind and gets you stuck in a rut.
Practice daily positive affirmations to improve your body image. This will help turn your thoughts to the power of positive thinking. What you focus your attention on will become your new reality: a healthier, happier you!
45 positive affirmations to boost your #bodyimage NOW! Click To Tweet
How To Boost Your Body Image With Daily Positive Affirmations
From the list below, choose 7 affirmations that really resonate with you. Write them down and repeat them in the mirror out loud every morning and before bed.
Morning affirmations and bedtime affirmations are the most powerful to harness the power of positive thinking. If you’d like to repeat your affirmations more often or want to say them to yourself at a time you need a self-esteem or positivity boost, please do!
Positive Affirmations to Improve Your Body Image
1. I love my body and I love myself.
2. I am perfect and complete just the way I am.
3. I feed my body healthy nourishing food and give it healthy nourishing exercise because it deserves to be taken care of.
4. I know the answers and solutions. I listen to myself and trust my inner judgement.
5. My brain is my sexiest body part.
6. My life is what I make of it. I have all the power.
7. My body is a vessel for my awesomeness.
8. I eat a variety of foods for my health, wellness and enjoyment.
9. There is more to life that worrying about my weight. I’m ready to experience it.
10. Food is not good or bad. It has no moral significance. I can choose to be good or bad and it has nothing to do with the amount of calories or carbohydrates I eat.
11. Being grounded and whole makes me beautiful. I can get there just by being still, breathing, listening to my intuition, and doing what I can to be kind to myself and others.
12. I deserve to be treated with love and respect.
13. Even if I don’t see how amazing I am, there is someone who does. I am loved and admired.
14. I look exactly the way I’m supposed to. I know because this is the way God (use whatever religious or spiritual higher power you believe in) made me!
15. It’s not about working on myself; it’s about being okay with who I already am.
16. Body, if you can love me for who I am, I promise to love you for who you are.
17. My body can do awesome things.
18. My body is a gift. I treat it with love and respect.
19. Life is too short and too precious to waste time obsessing about my body. I am going to take care of it to the best of my ability and get out of my head and into the world.
20. A goal weight is an arbitrary number; how I feel is what’s important.
21. As long as I am good, kind, and hold myself with integrity, it doesn’t matter what other people think of me.
22. I trust the wisdom of my body.
23. I use my energy to pay attention to myself, my inner wisdom, my virtues, my path, and my journey.
24. When I look to others to dictate who I should be or how I should look, I reject who I am.
25. Accepting myself as I am right now is the first step in growing and evolving.
26. All magazine photos are airbrushed, photoshopped, and distorted.
27. I love and respect myself.
28. I enjoy feeling good. I deserve to feel good.
29. Being skinny or fat is not my identity. I am identified by who I am on the inside, a loving, wonderful person.
30. My opinion of myself is the only one that counts.
31. I am compassionate and warm. My presence is delightful to people.
32. My very existence makes the world a better place.
33. My well-being is the most important thing to me. I am responsible for taking care of me.
34. No one has the power to make me feel bad about myself without my permission.
35. I eat for energy and nourishment.
36. My needs are just as important as anyone else’s.
37. Chocolate (or fill in a food you have a challenging relationship with) is not the enemy. It’s not my friend either. It’s just chocolate, it has no power over me.
38. Life doesn’t start 10 pounds from now (fill in a number that’s meaningful for you), it’s already started. I make the choice to include myself in it.
39. Thighs, thank you for carrying me to where I want to go.
40. Belly, thank you for helping me digest.
41. Skin, thank you for protecting me.
42. Other people don’t dictate my choices for me, I know what’s best for myself.
43. I feed my body life-affirming foods so I am healthy and vital.
44. Taking care of myself feels good.
45. I choose to do and say kind things for and about myself.
My body is a vessel for my awesomeness! 🙂 Get more positive affirmations for better #bodyimage: Click To Tweet
Sending you hugs and support as you take these positive affirmations and use them to be your happiest and healthiest self.
I’d love to hear how using daily positive affirmations to improve your body image has helped you. Please share in the comments below.